Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Roommate Rundown

With all my updates on my journey to Disney, I forgot to do a  posting about one very important thing, the five ladies that I will be embarking on this journey with. I know, five other girls... thats insane! Well here is the quick rundown of what I have gathered and read about what the housing will be like:

Apartments: There are three apartment complexes: Vista Way, Chatham Square and Patterson Court. I have gotten very different opinions or viewpoints as to what each one is like. Vista, I got the impression is the party apartments, but they are also the oldest apartment complexes to the program. Next is Chatham, slightly newer than Vista and apparently a lot nicer. And then there is Patterson, the ones where my roommates and I will hopefully be living in. These are the newer and much nicer looking apartments. I believe Patterson is only about 10 years old too.

Wellness and Non-wellness: This is how they break down the apartments even further. Wellness is for those who are 18-20 who are, obviously not old enough to drink. Also, if you are 21 and older and chose to refrain from alcohol, you can choose to live there too, so its not exclusive to only 18-20 year olds. Now non-wellness on the other hand is exclusive. That is for those who are 21 and older and can choose to drink or have alcohol in their apartment.

My roommates and I are looking, and hoping to have a 3 bedroom apartment in Patterson, non-wellness. And for those who actually do read my blog, allow me to explain one thing. I am not a heavy drinker, nor do I feel it necessary to drink in order to have a good time, but I do like to have the occasional glass of wine with my dinner, or after work. And my thing is that I don't feel convicted about having wine because I am not drinking with the intention of getting drunk. Also, for those readers who truly know me, know that yes I do like to drink... but that is all in my past. If you have questions about this or about my past involving all this jazz... feel free to ask me! Because I am not going to lie about stuff I have done in the past, and say that I have never done it.

But I digress...

On to the roommates!!

I will have five other roommates. Here is the break down of how the six of us will be paired off: Sara and I, Caitlin and Amber, and then our newest additions... Leah and Rachel will be rooming together. (And for the life of me, I can't remember what everyone's positions will be in the college program) Also, if you want to know what they look like, go stalk me on Facebook, you should be able to easily find them on my page. (I didn't include their last name for privacy sake)

Sara, my roommate is from Illinois and will be graduating this weekend. Caitlin is from Texas and will also be graduating this weekend. Amber, our little tour guide, is a junior from New Orleans. Leah, I believe is also from Illinois and  I think is also a junior. And finally, there is Rachel who is from Kansas... I think she too will be graduating this weekend.

So far, from what I can tell of all the conversations that the six of us have had (we have a running thread of facebook messages right now that is well over 200 messages) we will all get along pretty well. We have yet to have a problem finding stuff to talk about, but we do have a problem with us ending conversations... which I believe to be a very good thing!

I have had Facebook chat conversations with Caitlin and Amber. Caitlin and I seem to have a whole lot in common... she and I both have tattoos, and have talked about getting our second ones while we are down there. That should be funny. Then there is Amber, she is our little tour guide... I am pretty sure she has read the guide book she got from cover to cover. She is one of the youngest girls living with us, and also the only one has never lived with other people before, she is also quite sheltered. But I have absolutely no fear that that will not be a problem at all with us.

Sara, my roommate and I seem to have a lot in common too. She and I seem to have a lot of similar life and boy experiences. Which we have found will make for some fun late night girl talk sessions in the apartment.

I also have been deemed, unofficial roommate spokesperson and group coordinator. I have been the one to email housing to get the specifics about what the six of us need to to in order to ensure that we get the apartment that we want, and more specifically that the six of us stay together. I also helped coordinate the search for our last set of girls (Rachel and Leah) by posting on ALL of the Disney pages, from the fall program page to the roommate finder page. And every time I felt like I was whoring out myself and my roommates in our hopes of finding that last set. I felt like I was posting a personal ad, looking and hoping for someone to read it and like us enough to want to be our roommates. But luckily, Rachel and Leah came to our rescue and saved us from a life of squalor and degradation!

We have also come up with a calendar system of sorts, we are going to have two dry erase calendar boards in our apartment, one will be strictly for our work schedules... the other... our social calendar. :) And with our social calendar.. we will have birthday weeks blocked off. Since my birthday is the first to be celebrated, I will get to be the guinea pig of how we are going to do our birthday week celebrations. Also, we have decided that those who have had birthdays that already passed, they are still getting a birthday week, that way no one feels left out. I also think we have two birthday weeks back to back... that should make for some fun memories!

I think that will be all for now. Although there is probably tons more that I could write, but I must save all that for another day! Stay tuned!

25 more days until Orlando!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment