Saturday, March 26, 2011

Speechless

First of all... I am seriously learning and understanding how amazing our God is... I just applied for an internship in SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA. I know that things like that, they don't ever just happen. Everything happens for a reason, and everything happens at the correct time for a reason... we may never know why, but thats not for us to really know. I have to explain how all of this began.

Several months ago, I started gathering information for my resume and started to look for jobs following graduation in May. I told myself that by spring break I was going to have my resume and cover letter completed and sent out to newspapers, magazines, schools and anywhere else where English degree was listed as a requirement in the job qualifications. During my job search, I started looking into internships and wondering and praying if it would be best for me to do a summer internship for the work experience and then look for a job. And the more I looked into, the more appealing and logical thing for me to do.

Over spring break, I went down to Jackson, MS to see my sister and brother-in-law. On Sunday we met with my sister, the hubs and her in-laws for lunch before heading back. At lunch, I was talking with Sylvia, Eric's mom and she was asking me what I was looking into doing following graduation (the standard question for all college graduates) and told her my plans. I also told her its something that I have been praying and wondering about for awhile. Sunday night I get back to my dorm at school. (<--- not important to the story) Tuesday after class, I go to check my email and lo and behold I have an email from my mom... its an email about a paid internship for college students working at the Disney World or Disneyland resorts. I opened that and pretty much thought... "Ok God, is this what you were talking about? Is this what I needed to be patient about... I mean, its Disney...?!" I mean... its not an email that you get everyday. My mom recieved the email about the job and then forwarded it on to me.

So that afternoon, I was supposed to meet David Harrell in Garrett to shoot my interview for our documentary we are working on. I get over there well before my scheduled time, and end up meeting with my council for Alpha Psi. While there, we got neccessary jobs done, and the girls helped me fill out my application. As I started to work on it, you are supposed to use the drop box and find your college. Lo and behold... Blue Mountain College is not listed, but Blue Mountain Community College in Oregon is listed. I took that as a sign and God telling me to be patient. Wait. So I followed the directions and emailed the tech department to get BMC added to the list. I did that Tuesday, its Friday and they have yet to email me back; even though it said that they would get back to me in 1 business day (I got an automated message back saying they were out of the office and should reply in the next business day). I have obsessively checked my email since then hoping for an email from them saying the mountain had been listed. Nothing yet...

Tonight, I get back to my dorm after working on the documentary from 6-12 and decide for kicks and giggles to look into applying for Disneyland in California. I did it expecting the same results... to not be able to finish my application. I was proven wrong. On the application for California, there was the OTHER  option to where I could simply write out the name of my college. I was able to finish and submit my application. I got an email saying that my application and resume has been accepted and put into the database. After finishing my application, I am supposed to complete a web-based interview. After completing it, I was very surprised when it came back saying, that I was identified as being a strong candidate! (I applied for 16 positions...) Following my results from my interview, it gave me instructions for setting up my phone interview that needs to be completed in the next 3 business days.

I am in complete and utter shock. I have applied for a job/internship in SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA. I never once thought that a) I would apply to work for Disney b) apply for a job on the western seaboard c) that such a door would ever be opened for me. I know this is a total and complete God thing. There is no way that if it was not for Him I would not be doing anything that I would be doing or talking about now. I understand that Disney is a semi-controversial company, given their support of the gay community... but I firmly believe that this door has been opened to me for a reason. God opened this door and this chance for me for a reason. If it was left to me and my own devices, a chance such as this would not have ever fallen into my lap. I am just glad that I have even given the opportunity to apply for such a job. All I can do is thank God... for everything. And if I am seen to hired by them... there is nothing that says that I can't use Disneyland as my mission field. I can share my faith with others in whatever capacity. God, you are so good!!! This all shows me that the plans I have for myself are nothing. God obviously has bigger and better plans for me than I could have ever imagined. I am not saying, or writing as if I am going to get the job... but really?! Applying for Disneyland.... NEVER in my plans. My plans were to stay and live in Memphis, but obviously God might have other plans for me. Southern California. This week has shown me that I am not my own, and my plans mean nothing... God has bigger and better plans for me. All I can do is praise Him for just being able to fill out a simple application. An application!! Ahhh! Praise Him from which all glory flows! (I hope I got that saying right)

God, you got this. I am just looking to you for my direction and guidance. All I can do is praise him.. for an application. Simply put, I am speechless.

I will do my best to keep everyone updated, especially though who have followed my status updates and problems I have incurred on facebook. :)

Stay tuned folks... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment